Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

B-E-A-utiful.

People who give workout advice often suggest a reward system so that you can treat yourself as you progress through stages towards your end goal. For me, I normally like to treat myself with any form of frozen creamy goodness- milkshakes, smoothies, fruit bars, fro yo, or straight up ice cream. These are all sugary and somewhat defeat the purpose of working out SO I have tried to find new ways to reward myself that are more conducive to the lifestyle changes I'm making. That being said, I have discovered some great products that I wanted to share with everyone. I was going to do these all in one post but decided that would be a LONG post haha. so we'll call this a mini series for now. Stay posted!
I have never been a lipstick wearer, in fact it's still a newer thing for me. However, there is something to be said for a rockin shade of lipstick. It's a great way to polish off an outfit. Elizabeth Taylor put it well when she said, "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together". Whether you feel like a mess or not, lipstick helps pull everything together. This is by far my favorite lipstick I've tried so far-



Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Rasberry Pie

It's as good as it sounds. A lot of lipsticks just make me feel like I have chalk on my lips (ok, maybe not THAT bad- but bad). This is really moisturizing and almost feels like a good chapstick BUT there is the coverage that should be expected from a lipstick and the colors are oh so fantastic. I have this in Candy Apple which is a coral-y kind of red, Rasberry Pie which is just a darker pink, and Berry Smoothie which is a more natural looking lip color. While moisturizing lipstick has a rep for not lasting as long, the first two colors I mentioned are bolder and tend to stain my lips a bit so after it's faded a bit of lip gloss helps keep the look going longer. These are great and I plan on getting more of them to add to my growing collection.

What lipsticks have you tried and loved? I'm still a newbie with this and would love to hear what's worked for you! 

<3 Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment