Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

oh life...

I keep thinking I'll get back on track and blog regularly but life if just so busy. Here is a quick summary of the last few months. I walked for graduation, I worked my butt off at my new job and am currently looking at shifting positions or getting a new job entirely because I'm so burnt out, Steven finished his classes and graduated (YAY!!!), we spent the summer going to mission farewells, family reunions, a wedding and will soon be taking a little vacation. I think that about sums it up. I'm really hoping life slows down a bit soon because this pace is totally killing my workout routine haha.

I've noticed that I'm really good at the planning stages of things but I'm not very good at being patient with myself to see certain things through. With the crazy hours I've been working (I think my longest day was 17 hours starting at 6 AM, 4:30 including waking up and commuting) it has been EXTREMELY difficult finding what works for me despite hours of pinterest and notebook planning. Honestly, I felt like I was just living to survive for a while- it was not pretty. I have gained an additional 10-15 lbs since taking this job and it has been oh so frustrating. I definitely let me myself get lost in the service of others, which is great, and has been so rewarding in many ways. That being said, I have recognized I need more balance in my life and my health is too important to be sidelined the way it has been (hence the current job hunt).

I've read blogs of girls who've gone through body transformations and sometimes think, maybe I should keep my mouth shut until I have more to say, till I am on the other side of this transformation. Then I think, no- this is the hard part. This is the part where people want to quit, give up, binge eat, self- harm even. This is the stage where people need inspiration, someone to empathize with them, and someone to keep pushing them. So despite the struggle this journey has been for me at times, I hope it brings hope to someone else in my shoes. Sometimes life just happens and we just have to do our best to grow from our experiences. This is true even when it comes to fitness. I don't think I necessarily chose to gain weight- circumstances I had put my body under stress and I adapted. A while back I made some great steps in the right direction and I feel like I'm ready to take those steps again. I've lost the weight before so I know I can do it again. This blog will be a way for me to be accountable for the work I'm putting in but also a way for me to track what's working, which recipes I'm enjoying, and other tips and tricks to help others along the way.

I'll be posting soon about some of the steps I'm taking now to get back on track with things as well as a fun couples workout I designed for Steven and I to test out our exercise room-in-progress. More on that to come!

<3Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Love you sweetie! I want you to be healthy too but remember not all women need to look like they have a Barbie body.

    ReplyDelete