Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Check!!



Nothing beats a great shower after a workout which concluded you goal of 150 minutes for the week! Guys, I feel so good today. I admit that at least half of my minutes came from our back to back frisbee games this past thursday but I knew I couldn't count that for my full week workout so this morning I hit up the gym at our complex and cranked it out for an hour. While this is normal and a happens pretty regularly for some, it's a stretch for me but I by no means went easy on myself. If sweat is fat crying, mine had a bit of a breakdown today haha. Throughout this week I really wanted to make sure I was thinking about my goals and I found that even though I was only taking one at a time, I still had other goals in the back of my head and ended up doing more than I was "supposed to". The end result is a satisfying feeling that I am on track and then some and it's great!

It's still not going to be easy working out on a regular basis, but after today I know I can handle it and I'm a lot stronger than I give myself credit for. Another thing I kept thinking about this week is that even though specific goals and numbers are good to keep in mind, they are not everything. That's not to say that I should blow them off, because they are important (and it feels so great to have reached any goal!). This week I went out and bought a couple pairs of shorts that are larger than what I ever would have wanted to buy and fit in but I had to stop myself from thinking about the negative. So for the positives: I got them on sale, they look great, they'll keep me cool and most importantly I look and feel good in them. Why should I have to torture myself trying to squeeze myself into clothes just to be in that size, when they look awful and make me feel fat?? The things us women do to ourselves haha. So here's to being healthy, working on becoming a better you, but learning to love yourself wherever you're at in life.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

<3 K



No comments:

Post a Comment