Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 3

Well to be honest, last weeks goal was really hard to keep with things being so busy, and then being out of town for the weekend, but all in all, I did try to do my best and will have to keep working on that one as the summer continues. I did manage to continue working out sporadically throughout the week and one of my friends from ultimate commented on how fast I was running at our last game. I told her I had been trying to workout throughout the week and she said the improvement was noticeable. Not only that, but I felt great running on the fields. I wasn't as stiff as I usually am, and I could propel myself faster and longer. Theres still plenty of room for improvement but I'm so excited for the prospect of a kick butt healthy body!
This next week's goal is to read my scriptures and say my prayers daily. This is something that I have a really hard time keeping up with consistently. I'll go through spurts where I do really well and love the difference it makes, but slowly and surely I always find things that keep me from keeping up the habit. I'm super excited this week to be working on this goal as it is one of my goals that will actually be rejuvenating and instantly gratifying. Unlike a body/lifestyle transformation which takes much diligence, hard work, and time, the blessings of reading my scriptures and talking with my Heavenly Father are instant, deep, and most rewarding. 
I have been so blessed in my life, not to say that things have been easy or charmed for me by any means. I just have a strong testimony of the power of the Lord and His care for us, even at times when we feel we deserve it least. He has always been there in my life to provide whatever it is that I need. I think some people look at an imperfect world and wonder to themselves where a God could be in all this. Understanding that life is an opportunity to grow however, there is a need for an imperfect world in which we can reach out, serve, lead, comfort, and stand tall. I strongly believe we all have a purpose in this life no matter where we come from or what opinions we may have. The exciting part then for us is to discover what that purpose is, and then through the strength and guidance given us by our loving Father in heaven, pursuing the beauty awaiting us. 
That being said, I'm exciting to focus this week on getting back in a habit of feeding myself spiritually on a daily basis and reporting back the difference its made on my week. 
Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

<3 K



No comments:

Post a Comment