Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE not juggling work and school. while I am working full time again selling da insurance (not the most exciting job) it has been nice being able to focus fully on my work again and really put the extra effort into my work. benefitting from more bonuses doesn't hurt too much either though :) since the end of winter semester, we almost went to Florida, stayed up too late on many occasions, played frisbee till my body personally wants to give up all hopes of becoming athletic, and enjoyed some extra time with the fam.
To explain our almost vacay to Florida, we tried the whole standby deal and were only stood up. Our tickets are good for a year so maybe we'll go to celebrate graduation next year, who knows! as we waited to collect our luggage, we plotted last minute options to make a staycation out of the time we had as I already had work off. So we pulled into an adorable bed and breakfast near SLC to stay the night while we decided what to do. Our room was amazing and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. Here are some pics from the themed room we crashed in for the night.


The view first walking into the room. It was supposed to be reminiscent of the Titanic, hence the grand old fashioned decor, color scheme, and hints of boats and such throughout the room





I think sleeping in the round bed was my favorite part!


Steven insisted we find a place with a jet tub :) check!

We ended up deciding that gong to a resort nearby for the weekend, while fun and relaxing, would be frivolous and we'd rather save the money for when we DO end up going to Florida. However having a night away in a fun suite wasn't bad at all.

As far as becoming more athletic is concerned- it's a work in progress! I have spent at least the last two weeks with my shins wrapped and compressed, popping ibuprofen like breath mints, and walking like a gimp as my body rejects all the sudden running, cutting, and flailing of defensive arms. I understand the game much better than when I started last season but it's been frustrating being held back by my body. Last year I was slow running out of breath and such but I am more frequently getting a cardiovasular workout in. The only problem is my joints and muscles haven't quite been ready for all the stress. I think I've hit the recovery stage however which is exciting cause I'm ready to really kick some butt! My little brothers have even come out to a couple of our games and I believe have officially converted to the ultimate ways.

Speaking of family, they moved back! The boys just absolutely love Steven (aka Fred) and it's been so fun having them all around again. Plus before we know it, Josh will be home from his 2 year mission in Ohio and we are all so excited to see him again!


Elder Wilson on the left with an old companion. This picture was taken a while ago, but I just think it's funny :)

Any one else loving summer as much as I am??

<3 K

No comments:

Post a Comment